The Department of Emergency Medicine Grand Rounds series enriches our campus and community in several ways. Scholars from across the country speak with expertise on a wide range of topics, often presenting the findings of recently conducted original research.
Previous Grand Rounds lectures are listed below. Continuing education units are not available for past lectures.
If you have questions or issues accessing a lecture, please contact Taylor Johnson at email@example.com.
Prior Grand Rounds Lectures
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
2022-2023 Grand Rounds lectures
- 08/18/2022 | “BAYLEAF – 7 steps to a happy life,” Sanjay Shewakramani, MD, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- 09/15/2022 | “Implementation of virtual care delivery and remote diagnostics across North America, Yemen and Worldwide,” William Cherniak, MD, MPH, University of Toronto Temerty Faculty of Medicine
- 09/29/2022 | “Harnessing the Lightening — The Future of EM-Based Critical Care,” Jordon Bonomo, MD, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- 10/06/2022 | “Emergency Medicine…and Other Things,” Christopher Ford, MD, Emergency medicine physician in Milwaukee, WI
- 10/20/2022 | “Regionalization Realization: Hard to say, Harder to Do,” John Oostema, MD, MS, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
- 11/30/2022 | “Humanizing Medicine,” Hani Kuttab, MD; Moniba Nazeef, MD; Eva Allen, NP, UW School of Medicine and Public Health
- 12/01/2022 | “Let’s Replace The STEMI – NonSTEMI Paradigm with The Occlusion MI (OMI) vs. Non-OMI (NOMI) Paradigm,” Stephen Smith, MD, Hennepin County Medical Center
- 01/26/2023 | “Medical Transport: Past, Present, and Future,” Andrew Cathers, MD, BerbeeWalsh Department of Emergency Medicine
2021-2022 Grand Rounds lectures
- 07/08/2021 | “Missed Cases in ACS: Why We Get Sued,” Amal Mattu, MD, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- 09/16/2021 | “Wound Healing and the ED,” William Ennis, DO, MBA, FACOS, University of Illinois College of Medicine
- 10/07/2021 | “You Smoked What? Emerging Drugs of Abuse,” Francis Counselman, MD, Eastern Virginia Medical School
- 12/16/2021 | “OpEds and the academic physician: opinions, opportunities, and the onus to write,” Christine Ngaruiya, MD, MSc, DTMH, Yale School of Medicine
- 01/20/2022 | “Dismantling Racism in Ourselves, Our System, and Our Community,” Shiva Bedar-Sielaff, MA, CDM, UW Health
- 03/10/2022 | “Household Toxicology,” Jennie Buchanan, MD, University of Colorado School of Medicine
- 03/17/2022 | “Echo-guided Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation,” Rachel Liu, MD, Yale School of Medicine
- 03/24/2022 | “Benzos, Barbs & Barrel Fever: Managing Alcohol Withdrawal,” Gillian Beauchamp, MD, Lehigh Valley Health Network
- 04/04/2022 | “Unconscious Bias and Medical Errors – Improving Our ED Care,” Tyson Pillow, MD, MEd, Baylor School of Medicine
- 04/28/2022 | “Dizziness, death (sudden), and disparities: NIH-funded emergency medicine trials,” William Meurer, MD, MS, University of Michigan Medical School
- 05/19/2022 | “‘They Just Don’t Get it’: The 5-Minute ED Goals of Care Conversation,” David Wang, MD, Scripps Health
- 06/09/2022 | “Should this study change my practice?,” Amy Kaji, MD, PhD, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center