- This event has passed.
Focus on POCUS: Ultrasound for the Acutely Ill Patient
June 8, 2022 @ 8:30 am - June 9, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Overview: Learn point of care ultrasound skills and knowledge from faculty experts in “Focus on POCUS: Ultrasound for the Acutely Ill Patient.” Participants of this two-day, immersive course will develop skills to identify causes of shock and respiratory failure in the acutely ill patient through didactics, integrative case-based learning and expert-guided small group hands-on scanning skills practice. Course participants will also learn how ultrasound can be used to safely guide a variety of clinical techniques such as central line placement, peripheral IV placement, and lumbar puncture. This activity is designed to meet the needs of primary care physicians and physician assistants.
Dates: June 8-9, 2022
Location: Health Sciences Learning Center
Course fees: $500 Physicians (MD and DO), $400 Fellows, Residents, APPs, Others
- 11.50 AAPA Category 1 CME
- 11.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 11.50 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
Learning objectives: As a result of participation in this educational series, clinical care providers as members of the healthcare team will improve patient safety by:
- Performing ultrasound guided central line placement
- Performing ultrasound guided peripheral intravenous line placement
- Performing ultrasound guided lumbar puncture
- Obtaining ultrasound images of the heart, lungs, kidneys, bladder, abdomen, veins, and spine
- Determining appropriate utilization and limitations of point of care ultrasound