Faculty and staff from the BerbeeWalsh Department of Emergency Medicine (DEM) will have a strong presence at the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) Annual Meeting, the premier forum for the presentation of original education and research in academic emergency medicine.
Two posters were accepted, and three oral abstracts will be presented. Department members will lead five advanced emergency medicine workshops and six didactic sessions.
- Nicholson A. Clerkship Directors Boot Camp. (Advanced EM Workshop – 8am, Napoleon Ballroom C1: Third Floor)
- Patterson BW. Enhancing Emergency Care Through Artificial Intelligence: Six Steps for Success. (Advanced EM Workshop – 8am, Bayside A: Fourth Floor)
- Schnapp BH. Clinical Teaching Educational Boot Camp: Be the Best Teacher. (Advanced EM Workshop – 8am, Napoleon Ballroom A2: Third Floor)
- Tsuchida RE. Beyond Diversity Recruitment: Next Steps to Ensure that Diverse Emergency Medicine Residents Thrive. (Advanced EM Workshop – 8am, Napoleon Ballroom A1: Third Floor)
- Wieland T. World Health Organization Basic Emergency Care Course Using a Training of the Trainers Model. (Advanced EM Workshop – 8am, Napoleon Ballroom B1: Third Floor)
- Schnapp BH. What Residents Need to Know: Fellowship Roundtable Discussions. (Didactic – 8am, Rhythms Ballroom II: Second Floor)
- Shah MN. Geriatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network: Advancing Dementia Care Network Priorities. (Didactic – 8am, Bayside B: Fourth Floor)
- Jewell CM. An Overview of the Implementation and Perceived Benefits of a Dedicated Resident Teaching Role. (ePoster – 2:30pm, Borgne: Third Floor)
- Kern M, Jewell CM. Residency Case Mix Impact on In-Service Training Exam Scores (ePoster – 4:07pm, Maurepas: Third Floor)
- Schnapp BH. The Promises and Pitfalls of Competency-Based Medical Education. (Didactic – 4pm, Napoleon Ballroom B1: Third Floor)
- Shah MN. Lion’s Den 2022: Ninth Annual Real-World Research Proposal Development. (Didactic – 2pm, Napoleon Ballroom C2 & C3: Third Floor)
- Tsuchida RE. Beyond Implicit Bias Training: How to Drive Sustainable Change. (Didactic – 4pm, Napoleon Ballroom C2 & C3: Third Floor)
- Tsuchida RE, Hekman DJ. Improving Cultural Humility: A Curriculum Empowering Residents to Teach About Health Care Disparities. (Lightning Oral – 11:08am, Bayside A: Fourth Floor)
- Hannemann M, Glazer J, Hekman DJ, Barclay-Buchanan C, Patterson BW. Machine Learning to Drive Adaptive Emergency Department Physician Staffing. (Lightning Oral – 8:32am, Oak Alley: Fourth Floor)
- Lukasik M, Bandara T, Maru A, Jacobsohn GC, Loheimer M, Shah MN. A Retrospective Content Analysis of Coach-Facilitated Goal Setting by Older Adults Following Emergency Department Discharge. (Lightning Oral – 9:30am, Estherwood: Fourth Floor.)
- Pulia MS. Synergistic Pandemics: COVID-19 and Antibiotic Resistance. (Didactic – 11am, Bayside C: Fourth Floor)
In addition, Dr. Manish Shah, professor of emergency medicine and vice chair of research, will be honored with a Pioneer Award by the Academy of Geriatric Emergency Medicine in recognition of his significant contributions to advancing emergency care research related to geriatric patients.