The research enterprise at the BerbeeWalsh Department of Emergency Medicine (DEM) is diverse, with core research with significant grant funding, publications, and ongoing efforts focused on these areas:
Reflecting the wide variety of specialty training among our faculty and our commitment to advancing academics and science, other areas of research are also ongoing or developing: emergency department operations, education, global health, and pediatric emergency medicine.
Furthermore, DEM faculty are also highly collaborative and work closely with other departments, centers, and institutes across the broader UW-Madison campus and beyond. Integrating emergency medicine physician-scientists improves the quality and value of multidisciplinary research.
Some of our many on-campus collaborations and partnerships include:
- UW Center for Health Disparities Research
- UW College of Engineering
- UW Department of Medicine
- UW Department of Radiology
- UW Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
- UW School of Nursing
- Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center
- Wisconsin Partnership Program