The Emergency Medicine Interest Group (EMIG) introduces medical students to the field of emergency medicine and fosters students’ interest in the specialty. Our function is to provide learning opportunities in the field of Emergency Medicine, create relationships with emergency physicians at the University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, and provide information and guidance to students interested in pursuing a career in Emergency Medicine.
- Emergency Department Ambassador Program (EDAP)
In this program, medical students volunteer at the University Hospital Emergency Department as ED ambassadors, where they serve as a conduit to facilitate communication between patients/caregivers and the healthcare provider team, as well as an additional pillar of direct support to patients and their families.
- Emergency Department shadowing
- EKG Tech shadowing
- Care Team Lead shadowing
Annual Events & Workshops:
- Emergency Department tour led by residents and emergency physicians
- UW Health Med Flight helipad tour led by emergency medicine faculty and residents
- Airway workshop
- Ultrasound workshop
- Resident/faculty panel discussions on EM topics, including residency matching, career pathways, work schedules, salaries, and work-life balance.